BOSSIER Metropolis, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — The Bossier City Police Office is having steps to relieve targeted traffic congestion for those people attending the 2021 Barksdale Defenders of Liberty Air Present.
On Wednesday BCPD issued a site visitors advisory for the function which requires place Saturday, May perhaps 8 and Sunday, May perhaps 9 at Barksdale Air Power Foundation.
Here’s what you require to know if you are going to the BAFB air clearly show:
- When the gates open at 9 a.m. each working day, targeted traffic entering the foundation will run in its standard configuration.
- When the air display ends on the two Saturday and Sunday base officers will initiate a contraflow route at Barksdale’s Shreveport Gate, also acknowledged as the West Gate.
- All four lanes of visitors there will be specified for outbound targeted visitors only.
- No automobile targeted visitors will be permitted to enter the West Gate in the course of that time.
- This configuration is predicted to just take impact sometime between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. on both times and will remain in spot right until most vehicles have exited the base.
- The targeted traffic circulation for exiting motor vehicles at the North Gate will stay unchanged.
For additional details on how to obtain the foundation for the occasion check out the BAFB air clearly show web page, www.barksdaleafbairshow.com.
Further Bossier City police officers will be stationed in entrance of the Shreveport Gate on Barksdale Blvd. and at other important intersections to enable targeted visitors enter and exit the base as quickly and safely and securely as probable.
You can count on delays if you vacation on roadways close to BAFB for the duration of the air demonstrate, specially on Barksdale Blvd. If you don’t strategy to go to the air show, you really should use the Arthur Ray Teague Parkway as an option north-south route.
Now that the COVID numbers and outlook for the location have improved, spectators will only be expected to don masks when crossing boundaries from tailgating spaces and when going for walks to and from restroom facilities.
Attendees will be capable to obtain absolutely free tickets to reserve 20-by-20-foot tailgating areas where they can park their cars and established up tables and chairs if they want, as very long as they fit in the space. The number of folks permitted in each and every tailgating room will be restricted to the quantity of seatbelts in the motor vehicle.
Of the 7,000 obtainable tailgate spaces, airshow organizers say there are now about 2,220 spaces still accessible for Saturday and 4,400 for Sunday.
The gates open up at 9:00 a.m. on each times. The show begins at 11:00 a.m and finishes at roughly 4:00 p.m.
Click on here for details on the acts at the moment scheduled to perform at the 2021 Defenders of Liberty Airshow. The airshow notes that performers are issue to transform.